ARM4SNS Web Ressources
Here you can find some descriptions of trust. Depending of the trust model the authors explain some methods used for establishing trust in P2P applications. The document gives a survey of trust systems (policy based, reputation-based, social networks-based).
- A Survey of Trust Management and Resource Discovery Technologies in Peer-to-Peer Applications (Girish Suryanarayana, Richard N. Taylor)
The authors examine the issue of managing trust in P2P systems. They focus on reputation based schemes and give also a survey of related work.
- Managing Trust in Peer-to-Peer Systems Using Reputation-Based Techniques (Beng Chin Ooi, Chu Yee Liau, Kian-Lee Tau)
This paper presents an attribute vector calculus based approach for modeling a continuum of trust; which models the real world model of trust, as closely as possible.
There is a conflict between trust and privacy. Both depend on knowledge about an entity. They work with multiple virtual identities and link evidences to an identity.
Identity is a central element of computational trust. The lack of a central authority for all entities can be used for privacy protection.
- The role of identity in pervasive computational trust (Jean-Marc Seigneur, Christian Damsgaard Jensen)
Details for the following documents will follow.
- Trust Enhanced Ubiquitous Payment without Too Much Privacy Loss (Jean-Marc Seigneur, Christian Damsgaard Jensen)
- Quest for Personal Control over Mobile Location Privacy (Q. He, D. Wu, and P. Khosla, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 130-136, May 2004)
- Social identity in the digital world: Digital Identity - The Ghost in the Machine (Dr. Max Kilger, in: Proceedings of the 22C3, p131)
- The Augmented Social Network: Building identity and trust into the next-generation Internet (Ken Jordan, Jan Hauser, and Steven Foster)
- Shotcode (from OP3 AB Sweden)
- Commercial Service for printed tags with associated urls
- Tags represent a unique id, some central server translates this into url (server run by OP3)
- Proprietary 2d barcode format (a circular sequence)
- Client software (proprietary of course) exists for a variety of mobile phones (51 models up to now)
- Demo video: http://www.shotcode.com/resources/uploads/Media/demomovie.mpg (17mb)
- Formally known as "Bango spots" (http://www.bango.net/spot )
- SDK for Creating Tags containing URLs (using Datamatrix code)
- Used e.g. in the U.S. for Nextbus links on bus stops (Nextbus provides vehicle arrival information and real-time maps, especially for but not limited to (?) bus schedules, http://www.nextbus.com )
- Easily create tags from urls (based on Semacode)
- There's even a game based on Semacodes: http://www.conqwest2004.com/
- Looks like a giant commercial for NOKIA 6225 phones, including a "buy here" link on their website
- Kurzbeschreibung: http://www.tkb-4u.com/code/barcode/aztec.php
- etwa 2k Daten; z.B. Online Tickets der Deutschen Bahn
- Kurzbeschreibung: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code
- etwa 2k Daten
- sehr verbreitet in Japan und insb. 30 Mio. japanischen Mobiltelefonen
- leider zu patentbehaftet: "QR Code is open in the sense that the specification of QR Code is disclosed and that the patent right owned by Denso Wave is not exercised."
- Kurzbeschreibung: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/DataMatrix
- etwa 1.5k Daten; z.B. STAMPIT Briefmarken, Online Tickets der Deutschen Bahn, Semacode/Semapedia
- ISO/IEC16022 und "public domain" (i.e. bezahlen für ISO Standard, aber frei benutzen (?))
- Technische Details: http://grandzebu.net/informatique/codbar-en/datamatrix.htm (Achtung Augenkrebs!)
- Leider bisher keine freie (as in freedom) Implementation entdeckt, nichtmal eine mit Quelltext. (?)